Monday, July 27, 2009

Dancing Queen

First of all, I wonder if Jeff can actually do the moonwalk... I guess only time will tell...

The night Jeff talked about in his post was a great one, but it didn't start out that way, so I'll tell the whole story. We did go out to Peppers, and a bunch of my friends from IU were also going to be there to see the Buzzkills. I was super excited because I hadn't seen most of these people since graduation, some were coming from out of town, and most had never been out with Jeff (since he didn't turn 21 until February of my senior year).

Of course, my lack of experience in going out with my friends and Jeff was a detriment. I didn't know how to balance, I was totally socially awkward, and I barely spoke to anyone for like an hour. I was just getting the vibe that since Jeff was there, everyone just figured I was fine and didn't feel obligated to even say hi to me, let alone have a conversation with me. And I don't want to be that couple who always stays in a corner by themselves and has no other friends. (A little contradictory to my earlier post about my Diedrich jealousy, but it is what it is.)

So, naturally, my paranoid self thought everyone hated me, and I became a little emo at the bar. I thought I handled it pretty well, but it was brought to my attention on Saturday night (in a series of never-ending arguments) that I was being a baby and freaked out. While I often am criticized/get my feelings hurt as a result of being sensitive, it doesn't mean I like it...for future reference. Anyway, I am feeling neglected (as I often feel with this group of people), and I thought about leaving so that Jeff and I would be able to spend more time together. But, I decided to go to the bathroom to pull myself together, and when I got out, I told Jeff we were dancing!

And dance, we did. Now, I think Jeff is a great dancer. I guess it's not because of his skills, but rather his overall personality on the dance floor (and in life, really). He's super energetic and doesn't care what anyone thinks. Jeff pulled through for me that night because without his dancing, I would have left and looked back on that night as a bad memory. As it is, we had a great time, everyone kept coming up to us and complimenting us on our style, and Jeff was the life of the party, as usual.

It was a good lesson for me to not worry so much about what other people are doing and just do what I want to do, especially when out with a crowd. I hope we get a chance in the near future to go out with my friends, with or without dancing. We do have Jeff's cousin's wedding to look forward to in the fall - so get ready for Jeff to break out his moves!

No comments:

Post a Comment