Hey everyone, my name is Jeff, and I am one of two authors on this blog. The other author just so happens to be my girlfriend, Kara. But I bet you're wanting to know what the hell this blog is about?
Kara came to me telling me about how she wanted to start a blog, but she didn't have anything good to write about (see pic below). She was complaining to me about her boring life and the lack of interesting things she had to talk about on a blog through GChat. I then spent the next ten minutes trying to come up with ideas for her to blog about (in part for her and in part for me because I love technology and would love to see her blogging). Unfortunately, she didn't get excited about any of the topics I came up with, and if the author of a blog isn't excited about their topic, then the blog is going to suck.
Then a dynamite idea struck my mind. It was literally like a light bulb went off while I was thinking about how much I missed her. I told her why not write a blog about the ups and downs of long distance relationships (because that is the type of relationship she and I find ourselves currently in). She loved the idea and was quickly on board with it, but then I had the grand idea of making this little blog a duet.

We spent quite some time working on titles and ideas for the blog until we came up with what you see today. We first decided that we wanted this blog to be a funny one, but at the same time express the different feelings, thoughts, and emotions we experience as a couple and as individuals throughout our relationship. So naturally, we decided that "The Jeff and Kara Experiment" would be the title of this blog because it is straight forward and can cover all aspects of what we may or may not write about on this blog. Kara came up with the Socrates quote you see as our blog description because she loves that quote (and it's in Twilight ::sigh::). I liked it too and thought it was a nice touch to the blog, so we threw it up as the blog description.
I also got to work on some graphic design, which happens to be my minor, by creating a banner logo for the blog and website. That is the header up above that displays the blog title and description. I think it turned out pretty good, but would like some feedback on it. If you have any ideas, questions, comments, or concerns about the logo, send me an email to jgreco4@gmail.com, or leave a comment below.
So that's our blog. I hope you enjoy it. We plan on writing individual posts to give you a different perspective from both sides of the relationship spectrum. Kara should have her first post up here soon, so be ready and keep an eye on us. Thanks and enjoy!
Kara came to me telling me about how she wanted to start a blog, but she didn't have anything good to write about (see pic below). She was complaining to me about her boring life and the lack of interesting things she had to talk about on a blog through GChat. I then spent the next ten minutes trying to come up with ideas for her to blog about (in part for her and in part for me because I love technology and would love to see her blogging). Unfortunately, she didn't get excited about any of the topics I came up with, and if the author of a blog isn't excited about their topic, then the blog is going to suck.
Then a dynamite idea struck my mind. It was literally like a light bulb went off while I was thinking about how much I missed her. I told her why not write a blog about the ups and downs of long distance relationships (because that is the type of relationship she and I find ourselves currently in). She loved the idea and was quickly on board with it, but then I had the grand idea of making this little blog a duet.
We spent quite some time working on titles and ideas for the blog until we came up with what you see today. We first decided that we wanted this blog to be a funny one, but at the same time express the different feelings, thoughts, and emotions we experience as a couple and as individuals throughout our relationship. So naturally, we decided that "The Jeff and Kara Experiment" would be the title of this blog because it is straight forward and can cover all aspects of what we may or may not write about on this blog. Kara came up with the Socrates quote you see as our blog description because she loves that quote (and it's in Twilight ::sigh::). I liked it too and thought it was a nice touch to the blog, so we threw it up as the blog description.
I also got to work on some graphic design, which happens to be my minor, by creating a banner logo for the blog and website. That is the header up above that displays the blog title and description. I think it turned out pretty good, but would like some feedback on it. If you have any ideas, questions, comments, or concerns about the logo, send me an email to jgreco4@gmail.com, or leave a comment below.So that's our blog. I hope you enjoy it. We plan on writing individual posts to give you a different perspective from both sides of the relationship spectrum. Kara should have her first post up here soon, so be ready and keep an eye on us. Thanks and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment