Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fun-Filled Family Weekend

Oh man, I really wish I had a better video of Jeff throwing that pitch. When they called his name, he did a cute little wave to the crowd like he was some celebrity. His wind up was good (or so I'm told - my athletic abilities are nill), but as he said, the ball hit the dirt to the catcher's right, and he didn't even go for it. You can't hear it in the video (due to my laughter), but the entire crowd went, "Awwwwww ohhhh" in unison.

The real festivities were before the game, though. We had a great dinner at Bellavita on Geist on Friday night with everyone (minus my brothers and my dad who was working late) and hung out a little after at the Murphy house, where my brother Kyle told jokes out of a joke book, we talked politics, and diets.

Saturday was pleasant. The Greco parents arrived late morning, and we hung out and did nothing all day. Mrs. Greco and Mrs. Murphy went and did a little light shopping at Half-Price Books and some golf and tennis store. We all ate at different times and Mr. Greco watched a tennis match while I popped some Tylenol and put a heating pad on my sore back (from sitting in my crappy desk chair all day). It was a pretty uneventful day.

Not for long... Jeff's mom insisted on riding in the trunk of our minivan (as we were traveling with 9 people total for the game: five Murphys, three Grecos, and Jake, the bat boy). So, she and Kyle were sitting in the back having a grand old time when my dad (a fan of wide and fast right turns) took us on an educational visit to the old Victory Field. From the back I hear, "Can we stop?!" Unfortunately, Mama Grecs was a little carsick, but battled through and had a great time at the game.

Sunday was nice, as we had breakfast together at our favorite place, Le Peep, after which Mr. and Mrs. Greco and Jackie headed on their way home. I was excited that Jeff was able to stay for the day. We saw Inglorious Basterds, which was awesomely gory and funny - I loved it and would like to see it again (a rare occurrence). We had dinner at Naked Tchopstix, which was really good, but we decided that we always order too many sushi rolls, so from now on, we're cutting it down to three rolls between us. Naturally, I was bummed when Jeff had to leave (not until 8pm though!) and was actually looking forward to getting back into a work routine so I wouldn't be so mopey.

This week has been good, as far as our weeks go. Neither of us has been emotional (excluding me Sunday night), which is probably due to my busy and good week at work (my boss isn't here) and Jeff's starting classes again at Valpo. We won't see each other this weekend, but Diedrich is visiting Jeff for the first time ever at Valpo and I'm visiting my friend Kate downtown for dinner at her new apartment and going out after. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm especially excited to spend an extra long Labor Day Weekend soon with Jeff at Valpo!

No comments:

Post a Comment