Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Friends

I have no clue what to blog about, but my vice president is out of town and my president is on a conference call, so I thought I should take the opportunity.

Jeff and I haven't seen each other for a while, so there's really nothing to report on our relationship. In fact, he has started school and is busy with all his editing and tv station stuff, and I go to bed at 10:30pm (only 9:30 Jeff's time), so we've only been talking a couple minutes here and there every day. We have also both been spending a lot of time with our friends, which is a very good thing.

While I always look forward to the times that I get to go visit Jeff (especially this weekend, as I have a four-day weekend!), I sometimes feel like I'm missing out on things at home. I know I could be sleeping in, helping my parents around the house, seeing my brother at school, and going out with my friends. I was able to go out with friends both Friday and Saturday night last weekend, and it was so nice just to hang out with the girls, go to the bars, and talk all night, just like old times.

I think when you're in a relationship, especially a long-distance one, balance is the key, as we've both said on many occasions in this blog. Moreso, though, I think you have to be willing to give some things up. Obviously it would be nearly impossible for me to keep up with all my friends from Indy, all my friends from out of town, and Jeff, so some people/activities become more important than others (not that my feelings for any of these people have changed, but there's just not enough time in the day). I'm getting much better at keeping up with people as I get more acclimated to my work schedule, and I definitely want to spend at least one day every weekend I'm in Indy with my friends.

The truth is that my family, Jeff, and I come first - and I need to find a place for everything and everyone else. (And work, which I'd love to not have room for!) On the other hand, I don't want to be in a relationship that causes me to lose my friends because that would be an unfulfilling life. I am glad that for right now, Jeff and I really do have our own time and are apart from each other so we can make sure that we always have our friendships, but at the end of the day, he is the only one I want to talk to.

--
On a totally unrelated note, last night my friend Stacy and I made baby shower invitations for one of her friends, which is now the beginning of our card business! This is more of a hobby turned into something we thought we could actually do, so stay tuned for information about our upcoming website, twitter page, and facebook page and what you can order from us!

No comments:

Post a Comment