Oh my gosh, this weekend was so much fun! Even if we hadn't done anything, I still think it would have been great just because we were looking forward to it so much after not seeing each other for 2 weeks!
A recap...
I arrived in Valpo Friday afternoon. Even though I took the day off, I went to the dentist in the morning to get my two of my teeth bonded and one filed down (long story), but it was quick and I was on the road by 11am! So, by gaining an hour by heading to the region, I arrived 12:30pm Valpo time! This gave us a little over an hour of hang-out time before Jeff had to go to his one and only class. We weren't feeling like cooking Friday night, so we went to Don Quijote, as Jeff said we would. I wasn't very hungry, but we got tapas (Jeff ate most of them) and a HUGEEE pitcher of white sangria (soo good, I really want to try to make it myself soon). I was not prepared for it to be so large, but we almost finished it, and according to Jeff, I was fairly tipsy. I beg to differ.
We watched like 10 movies on TBS, HBO, etc. over the weekend, so that's what we did Friday night. I can't remember all the movies - Failure to Launch, I Am Legend, a little Mean Girls, Baby Mama and many more. Saturday morning, we got up and made breakfast and basically just hung out all day. We went to Fridays for lunch, went grocery shopping, made tacos for dinner, and went and saw All About Steve with Sandra Bullock and Bradley Cooper. Bradley Cooper makes this movie a little comical, but I wouldn't recommend it all. While it has a nice message, the plot is totally unrealistic and un-funny. (The funniest part though, was a line by Bradley Cooper's character, Steve. Sandra Bullock - Mary Magdalene Horowitz, a Jewish/Catholic crossword creator, is constantly quoting famous people. She asks Steve if he knows who said something, he doesn't know, but the answer she says is, "Jesus." He asks, "Did Jesus tell you to come here?" because she is a socially awkward girl who he thinks is crazy and is basically stalking him. Pretty funny when said, maybe not when written. Oh well.)
Sunday was relaxing with more eggs for breakfast, more movies on tv, and our leftover tacos for an early lunch. We worked on the websites for my friend Stacy's and my new card business - SK Cards. (See twitter.com/skcards and skcards.blogspot.com to learn more!) Then, we headed over to Crown Point to see my mom's extended family. My mom's cousin lives there and was throwing a birthday party for her dad (my Great Uncle George). My grandma was also attending, and her birthday is also this week, so I wanted to go since I never get to see her, and Valpo is only about 20 minutes from Crown Point. It was a nice time, the Serbians treated us very well, and we really enjoyed the food - especially the delicious steaks!
After the cookout, Jeff and I headed to Four Winds Casino in New Buffalo, MI for an impromptu meeting with his sister Jen and brother-in-law Chris. We had a few drinks, Jeff dabbled in 3-card poker, and we all played our hand at Roulette (my first time ever gambling). Only Jen won at Roulette, but Chris won big right as we arrived at 3-card poker, so he called us his good luck charms! It was a nice evening - we all had dinner together in the casino, and Jeff and I headed back to Valpo. We were evidently exhausted from the day's events, as we layed down at 10pm to take a nap and didn't wake until 8am! At least we got some good sleep in!
Monday was pretty uneventful, as we were bummed our extended weekend was over. Jeff had class at 2pm, so we just hung out in the morning and went to lunch at a pizza place. (Jeff will have to remind me of the name, but it was really good!) After lunch, we had about an hour to kill, so we watched tv and I went through Jeff's iTunes to decide what I wanted to take for my new iPod! Jeff just ordered a new Macbook Pro and got a free iPod touch with it, so I am the lucky one who is taking it on! I'm excited to download all my music on it tonight when I get home - Thanks Jeff!!
Overall, it was a wonderful weekend. There were no stresses, no arguments, and we were just very happy together. It makes me miss him even more now that we have another 2 weeks apart, but we are definitely falling into a routine of Jeff being at school and me working at home, which is good. I always look forward to seeing Jeff and wish I could see him more, but I think it's good that we have lives separate from each other - it gives us more to talk about and a different perspective to see the world from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment